Essential Improvements To Consider When Renovating Your Bathroom
Renovating your home can improve its value by updating its appearance and style to appeal to you and others. It can also upgrade your home so it can fit your specific needs. One of the most important rooms to consider during a home renovation is your home’s bathroom/s.
If you are wondering about the essential improvements to consider when renovating your bathroom, then this article is for you. Make sure to consider the following improvements below so that it can help improve your bathroom’s storage, style, and most importantly, its functionality.
Here are some of the essential improvements to consider when renovating your bathroom.
1. Include a window in the shower – Too much moisture and humidity can cause problems inside the bathroom. It can cause the growth of mold and mildew which is quite annoying to deal with. These types of problems can be easily dealt with and be prevented with the installation of sufficient ventilation in your bathroom. You can consider using a bathroom fan, but having a window in the shower area is always the best option.
If you decide to add a window in your shower area, it can help keep your bathroom clean and prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Natural ventilation is highly effective because you can leave the window open after using the shower, which will prevent humidity and moisture from building up inside the bathroom.
You can also use the window as a source of natural light, which can help you reduce your electricity bills by a small bit. You should discuss with your contractor about the different types of windows that can be installed in your bathroom before you begin the renovation process. You can consider using frosted glass for privacy purposes, especially if you live in a busy area.
2. Improve the storage space by adding a recessed medicine cabinet– You can consider getting a recessed medicine cabinet so that you can have more storage space in your bathroom. It will not cost as much and it can also improve the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom. Feel free to discuss its installation and location with your contractor.
3. Enhance the lighting – Bathrooms usually have limited space and, most of the time, have limited access to natural light. You should consider improving the bathroom’s lighting so that it can help improve its functionality as well as improve the mood of the place. If you love taking baths, you can consider getting lights that can be dimmed or adjusted. If you prepare for the day and do your hair and makeup inside your bathroom, then you should have the best lighting available.
4. Invest in a bathtub only if you love taking baths – It may be tempting to have a bathtub installed in your bathroom, but this is something that you should consider only if you love taking long baths. Having a bathtub in your bathroom is not always a must-have especially if you prefer showers over baths. You can easily opt for a larger shower.
However, if you’re looking to sell your home in a few years, a bathtub can increase your home’s appeal and value by a fair bit. If you have limited bathroom space, you should take the time to plan out the entire space so that you can improve your bathroom’s functionality while working on its aesthetic appeal.
5. Install small and textured tiles in the shower – When renovating the bathroom, visual appeal is not the only thing that you should be considering, especially when it comes to bathroom tiles, but safety as well. Always remember, when choosing tiles for your shower, you should use a small and textured shower tile. The grout and texture of the tile will help prevent you from slipping when you are taking a shower, especially when the floor gets wet from the water and soap.
Some bathroom tiles are designed to be cleaned easily and also uses grout that prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and stains. Ceramic tiles are also a great choice for bathroom tiles; it allows for plenty of style and decoration options. You can try mixing and matching different patterns and colors if you want to go for the maximum aesthetic effect, or you can go for complementary colors for a harmonious effect.
If you need help with the renovation of your bathroom or any parts of your home, you must choose a trustworthy company contractor like the Midtown Builders Group. You can check our gallery of work here. You can also check our previous projects for our clients here.
Are you planning to renovate your bathroom? If you are located in the Metro Atlanta area, Georgia, Midtown Builders Group is worth checking out. We offer a variety of construction services like home renovations. You can contact us if you have any inquiries or questions about our company or the services that we offer.
Our president and company owner, Jeff Cain’s contact number is 706-457-0012 and his email address is Jcainmbg@gmail.com. Our Chief Financial Officer, Todd Kimbal’s contact details are 770-500-9014 and firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located at 4062 Norton Place SE, Smyrna, GA 30082. What are you waiting for? Contact us today! We can help you renovate your dream home according to your specific needs!